For those of you who have somehow escaped the latest Christmas phenomena, The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition involves Santa sending his little elf helpers to watch over children in the lead up to Christmas Eve.
If your family will be joining in the fun this year, here are 19 simple Elf on the Shelf ideas to inspire the trickster in you in the build-up to Christmas.
1. Will your elf turn up by priority mail?
2. And celebrate in style like Sweet Shoppe Designs elf?
3. Will you let your Lego people hold him hostage?
4. And then dodge Blind Mom’s army of little green men
5. This game of hide and seek demonstrated by SheKnows could keep your little ones busy for hours…
6. Or a round of Jenga like Snippets from Suburbia elf?
7. Honeysukle Footprints‘ elf wanted to take a ride on the shoe, shoe train
8. While DIY Inspired’s elf baked himself a special treat
9. Your elf might want to help with the Christmas wrapping like this one at A Few Short Cuts
10. Follow the lead of Picklehead Soup, and your elf might challenge your child’s soft toys to a sack race
11. And he’s even a pretty good dog walker
12. Some elves are generous, like this one from Mrs Pauley’s Place
13. He could let rip with a good ol’ fashioned marshmallow fight like Snippet from Suburbia’s
14. Some elves are messy eaters
15. Sometimes elves needs some time to cool off
16. The elf at That’s Country Living thinks it wouldn’t be Christmas without snow angels
17. The elf that visits A Few Short Cuts was a great help around the house
18. The official Elf on the Shelf Facebook page shows what fun an elf on the fridge-shelf can have with googly eyes
19. Then polish it all off with a few treats
Do you have any more simple Elf on a Shelf ideas? Share them with us in the box below.